Unlike the previous versions, this pair allows you to really do augmented reality and allow the wearer to see and interact with objects in augmented reality. The objects or 3D animations superimposed are visible directly through the glasses.
Spectacles 4 glasses are only intended for creatives and artists who use Lens Studio, SnapChat’s application to create AR experiences.
Snap Company has published a form on its website to allow content creators who want to receive a pair.
The 26.3-degree field of view and the announced 30-minute battery life will surely not make it a mainstream product.
However, SnapChat innovates by announcing a pair of augmented reality glasses that allows an understanding of the depth of the environment through its 2 cameras
allowing to place objects or 3D animations with more realism.
On the technical side, the Spectales 4 :
- have the Qualcomm Snapdragon XR1 chip that allows maximum processing power to display scenes in these wireless sunglasses;
- features dual 3D waveguide displays and a 26.3-degree diagonal field of view that overlays immersive AR lenses in the wearer’s vision;
- incorporates six degrees of freedom and hand, marker and surface tracking to realistically rectify lenses in the physical world;
- react in 15 milliseconds to quickly and accurately display scenes in the field of view;
- have a dynamically adjustable brightness display up to 2000 nits for optimal image quality while exploring AR indoors or outdoors;
- have 2 RGB cameras, 4 built-in microphones, 2 stereo speakers and integrated touch controls provide a multi-sensory experience that orients the technology around the wearer;
- Weighs 134 grams, with a battery life of approximately 30 minutes per charge